Expert filmmaker for nearly 30 years. Long and short format productions for national broadcasts, national and international festival distribution, social media, internet, BluRay and DVD releases. Able to direct and fully execute the writing and post-production processes.
Routinely operate edit systems; edit and rewrite scripts; design graphic elements; train and manage assistants and interns; collaborate on large teams; and give presentations directly to clients - all while staying under deadline and under budget. Great deal of additional experience as Story Editor, Script Editor and Writer for all types of projects. Advanced knowledge of internet video delivery methods; and a Photoshop expert.
2021 Avid Media Composer Alpha & Beta
2020 Avid Media Composer Alpha & Beta
2019 Avid Media Composer, Avid Connect
2018 Avid Moderator Training, Media Composer 2018.x (Avid)
2014 Avid Moderator Training, Media Composer 8 (Avid)
2014 NAB Post|Production World
- Documentary Editing
- Documentary Producer's Workshop
- Avid Symphony Color Correction
- Avid Media Composer Editing
2014 Avid Connect: 4K and UHD Workflows
2013 Avid Moderator Training, Media Composer 7
2012 Avid Moderator Training: Media Composer 6.5; Avid FX and Boris BCC; Sorenson Squeeze 8
2011 Avid Moderator Training, Media Composer 5.5; Media Composer 6
2010 Avid Moderator Training, Media Composer 5
2009 Avid Moderator Training, AMA, Interplay, Media Composer v4
2008 Avid Moderator Training, Workflows for P2, XDCam and RED
2008 Avid Certifications: Color Correction; Graphics and Mattes; I/O Essentials; Marquee ; Boris Red Complete ; Interplay Workgroup Management
2008 Avid Certifications: Interplay Digital Production Workflow ; Interplay for Editors; Interplay Assist; Interplay Access
2005 Mentoring: Editing Techniques for National PBS Programs (Florentine Films)
2001 Certificate: Advanced AVID Media Composer Techniques (Sheridan College )
2000 Certificate: AVID Media Composer Techniques (Sheridan College)
1997 Diploma: Advanced Filmmaking (New York Film Academy)
1997 B.A.: Media Studies, Filmmaking; additional concentration: Video Documentary (State University of New York at Buffalo )
1994 A.A. General Studies: Liberal Arts (Erie Community College)
(9/2021 - Present)
Lead the strategy and day-to-day engagement for Avid's Pro Audio, Pro Video, and Notation & Scoring user communities and social media properties. Manage a team of experts that provide education, guidance, and support for members of these sites and all B2C customers.
- Develop strategies to drive site membership
- Encourage customer engagement through posting
- Increase forum and social usage by enabling peer-to-peer connections
- Reduce churn of products and increase retention through case creation, direct customer
communications, and active online campaigns
- Write bulk letters for email campaigns
- Write educational materials, KB articles, tutorials
Responsible for curating sites whose users and content are the foundation of our self-service support initiative.
(8/1998 – 9/2021)
Head of editorial for national and regional productions. This covers documentary "films" (broadcast movies with no interruptions by breaks), educational television programs (interrupted by breaks), educational web, digital, and social content.
Writer, producer, associate producer, sound mixer, music producer, videographer and DVD/Blu-ray author. Served as lead director for live broadcasts.
- End-to-end understanding of how to create stories with video and sound
- PBS and NPR broadcast workflows
- Digital productions for on-demand viewing
- Creation of materials for grants and proposals
- Equipment research, purchasing and maintenance
- Script and story editing
- Online, color correction and packaging for national distribution and DVD authoring
- Creation and leadership of production internship program
- Creation of live TV studio educational materials
- Creation of educational materials for digital productions
(6/1994 – Present)
Head writer, producer, editor of films, TV shows, documentaries, shorts and commercials.
- Writing, script editing and story editing
- Music scores and compositions
- Audio recording, mixing and delivery
- Animations and graphic elements; archive image restorations
- Finished project delivery, promotion and hosting
- Building and maintenance of edit systems
Writer, Producer and Director of educational webinars, video journals and blogs.
- On site trainer and web trainer of postproduction workflows
- Example: (LINK)
Masterclass presenter, speaker, guest teacher and consultant
- Lead presenter at editorial master classes
- Guest presenter/teacher at colleges
- Curriculum creator/writer for colleges and high schools
(6/1994 – 3/2001)
Editor of marketing videos, commercials and corporate image campaigns.
- National re-branding campaign for HSBC Bank USA (from Marine Midland Bank).
Local shows; tagging of network promos; local PSAs
Seasonal work at a wonderfully forward-thinking educational institution.
Manager, trainer, tape technician and cashier at video rental store chain.